Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tomorrow: 6 WEEKS

I POAS again today and I'm still pregnant!!! I was little paranoid with some light spotting yesterday so now I can sleep again:)

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow so I thought I'd go ahead and post.

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOU


Feeling positively ill? Does the smell of coffee make you want to dash for the bathroom? If so, it sounds like morning sickness. Nausea affects one third to one half of all pregnant women and usually abates by the start of the second trimester. It may be caused by a higher level of estrogen, as well as the rapid expansion of the uterus. But wait, there is some good news: Studies show that morning sickness may be related to a slightly lower risk of miscarriage. (Please don't worry if you are feeling perfectly fine. Count your blessings!)
This should be fun seeing as my new job is a taste tester LOL




WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY


Your baby's length is now about 3 to 5 millimeters -- about the size of a peppercorn! The brain is forming three separate parts: the forebrain (memory and reasoning), the midbrain (translates messages from the brain to organs and limbs) and the hindbrain (regulates breathing and muscle movement). At this point the embryo is now three-dimensional and completely enclosed in the amniotic sac. Your baby's heart is now beating and blood circulation is evident. The kidneys and liver are growing fast, and the neural tube, which connects the brain with the spinal cord, closes. The placenta is rapidly developing, however, it will not take over hormone production until about week 12.
According to Dr. Gorman who delivered Bella, I had one of the nicest and biggest placentas he had ever seen. I want a plaque for that buster!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment