Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Appt Update

Had my follow-up appt with the OB yesterday and everything looks great! I have now gained a total of 7lbs-YAY!!! Glad to finally have gained some and kept it on-soooooo completely different from Bella. Hunter is VERY active-I LOVE it!!! Though having your organs tickled while you are attempting to fall asleep during pregnancy insomnia is quite the feat. But with last week's scare, I will gladly take all the kicking he wants to give me:) I know I'll be crying like a baby once he gets bigger and is kicking really hard in a few months. Its my favorite part of pregnancy because I'm able to physically share it with Ben.

Around the clock hunger has kicked in. I'm hungry when I fall asleep, I'm hungry in the middle of the night, I'm hungry when I wake up, I'm hungry an hour after I eat! I'm taking it as a sign that lil man is going thru his biggest growth spurt so I'm gonna appease him and fatten his lil tush up:) Along with it comes the lovely sidekick-heartburn. So Tums have become my new favorite candy and I'm sure Maalox is in my near future since Tums didn't even touch it towards the end with Bella.

We have our 20 wk ultrasound next week. Not as big of a deal since we already know we are having a boy but at least we get to see him again and should get some great take home shots to share:) I'm officially on the OR schedule for CSection and tubal ligation for December 17th. I confirmed with my OB that if my water breaks prior to that she WILL be the one to perform the CSection-not just whatever random doctor is in the building. I was also happy to find out that she can do my tubes at the same time. The girl I exchanged clothes with this weekend said that they now require you to wait until 6wks after birth to do it and that they completely kill your tubes. Thank goodness thats not the way Dr. Ford operates:) No point in paying for/going thru anesthesia twice, and I'll already be open on the table. Plus I do not want my tubes completely killed. I do want it to be reversible. We are completely positive we want to have ONLY two children but after my friend losing her baby to SIDS and her tubes are already gone, I want them to still be there *just in case*. Although another part of me is thinking that if something were ever to happen to my baby-it would be God's will and if my tubes were tied I would take it as a sign that if we did want another baby, it was God's will for us to adopt. Hopefully we will not ever have to cross that bridge!!! My doctor did say she will ask me if I'm sure its what I want at every single appt and right before she does it-I'm 100% sure she'll hear the same answer each time but I am glad she checks because I know some people aren't always confident about the decision.

I'll update with 20 wk status tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment