Saturday, July 26, 2008

Scary Friday & Bedrest-Slightly graphic

Yesterday was quite exhausting!!! The morning went good-Bella and I went to the mom's group yard sale for a couple of hours and then headed to her 2 yr old well check. We had lunch with Nana and then headed home. I put her down for her nap and then went to the bathroom real quick before getting started on work. I wiped and there was bright red blood-LOTS of it. I thought maybe hemorrhoids (sorry, its a reality of pregnancy) but realized that it was much more than that, especially after I looked in the toilet. I filled a pad in about 5 minutes.

I called my mom and she was out the door in 2 seconds. Called my OB, bawling, gasping and barely able to talk-go to the ER. Called Ben and told him to meet us at the hospital-I was crying so hard I couldn't even tell him what was wrong, just that it was me and not Bella that was hurt. Then I finally got around to calling 911 and they sent the ambulance. The dispatcher was great and calmed me down alot. I was flipping out-my mom and grma had both lost their 2nd pregnancies and that has always been in the back of my mind. I couldn't lose this baby, I was already so in love.

The ambulance got here and the guys were really reassuring-I HAD felt the baby move that morning and the bleeding had stopped. I got Bella up from her nap and she got to ride on the stretcher with me. They had a carseat in the ambulance-she did soooo good!! She didn't make a peep the whole time-probably half awake wondering what the heck was going on, but she made me so proud!! My BP and pulse started to normalize once I settled down.

We got to the ER and my mom took Bella. The ER nurse was awesome and whipped out the Doppler and let us hear the baby's HB right away-PHEW!! We were breathing again. I kept having to pee constantly and the cramps were hitting hard. I had lots of lower back pain. We were in ultrasound for almost an hour-found out we ARE having a Hunter!!! And he looked perfect-arms, legs, perfectly formed brain and heart. He likes to rub his head:) His heart was beating beautifully and he was moving like crazy!

Good news-Hunter is fine, the cord is perfect, my cervix is closed and long, and the placenta is still attached. Bad news-placenta previa. I had it with Bella, they found it on the 20 wk ultrasound with her and it corrected itself. I never had any bleeding with it with Bella. The placenta is WAAY lower than it should be and is rubbing against my cervix which causes the bleeding and cramping. I'm on total bedrest until Monday when I see the OB-I got Ben to move my laptop to the bed cuz I was going crazy being bored!

So now we just hope that the Placenta Previa corrects itself, no more bleeding, the placenta stays attached and intact, and Hunter continues to do perfect:) He is growing right on target and looks so beautiful!!!! Bedrest sucks but I will do whatever it takes to keep him healthy and safe. Bella is handling it all so great. She tries to drag me out of bed every once in a while but I just tell her that Mama's belly has an owwie so I have to stay night night. She came and snuggled and watched cartoons with me-Hunter kicked her a few times:) This afternoon she brought her Dora picnic in here and we made "tatos" (tacos). So we are just trying to make it fun and let her be in here as much as possible. Anytime I get up to go to the bathroom, she runs up and hugs my legs. We had a pizza picnic in bed for dinner-she really liked that. I love her so much-she makes me so proud!!!

Poor Ben had a yukky tummy all day and had to keep up with everything at the same time. He is doing a little better. I hope for all of our sakes that the bedrest doesn't last long. If it does, we'll just have to find new routines.

Thanks for all the prayers!!!! Hopefully I will have good news to report on Monday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment